Maybelline has brought them back again, yup, the Great Lash Colors are back again this fall with six limited edition shades. As I said in my previous Rimmel post I’ve never tried colored mascaras until recently but I decided to give these a try because they’re a classic formula and I’ve heard pretty good reviews.
I picked up three shades: Wink of Pink, I see Blue, and Vision of Violet for $6.40 each at CVS
It seems as though colored mascaras are all the rage again. Drugstore fave Rimmel has released a Limited Edition collection of colored mascaras, which I found at Walgreens. The collection featured for colors, purple, green, black and turquoise. I’ve never tried a colored mascara but for less than $3 ($2.79) I picked up POP Turquoise and decided to give it a shot.
eye shadow. Eye Studio Color Tattoo’s ink technology creates the most
saturated shadow. Cream gel smoothes on for vibrant, crease-proof color
that never fades. Dare to get inked.”
- Long wearing and smudge resistant (especially when used as a base), it took several scrubs of my makeup wipes to clean my arm from swatching
- Minimal creasing when worn alone
- great color range
- Sturdy glass packaging
- some shades with shimmer feel a little drier/ grittier when applied (Mossy Green, Tenacious Teal) but not enough to cause pain or irritation
- Mossy Green and Audacious Asphalt have a slightly patchy, but buildable, application. They’ll take a little more work to wear on their own
- HEAVY due to the packaging if you plan on carrying a bunch in your MUA kit